Friday, October 19, 2007

Ten weird things...

My friend JJM tagged me by email the other day.

THE GAME:
"Here's how you play, once you've been tagged. You have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts or habits about yourself. At the end you choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them to be tagged. Don't forget to leave them a comment "You're It!" and to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you."

This should be easy as I am a confirmed, complete and utter, nuttball. Ask anyone...

1. I love my Birkies. A lot. Really, I'll show you.



That's seven years of love, baby!

These puppies have trekked through a month of mud and slime in the Amazon, filthy cobblestones in Quito, crystal clear water in the BWCA, cloud forest in the mountains of Ecaudor, and the cigarette lined streets of Paris. And survived.

They've walked in the footsteps of Diane de Poitiers at Château de Chenonceau past Leonardo Da Vinci at Château de Chambord. And they marveled at it all.

They've been to Cape Breton Island where they saw a moose. A BIG moose. And they didn't run away.

They brought home a wrinkled, new baby. And helped carry her around for years.

They've been all over the world with me. And I refuse to give them up. So, maybe they're a little smelly. Okay, very smelly, but they're my buddies. I love my buddies. All of them, whether or not they stink. So there.

2. I'm a curious beast. Don't be mad if I keep asking you questions. About everything. Yes, everything. Please, don't hold back. I'm totally fascinated by all of you!!

3. We didn't own a television for a few years. One of Nathan's friends from work heard about it and took pity on him. He was sent home with a TV, much to my chagrin. Luckily, it had no antenna, so, we didn't get any reception for television braodcasts. Phew! It's creeping up on five years now, sans the TV shows. Life is good. (Don't get us wrong...We LOVEloveLOVE movies and watch planty of them!!)

4. I have got one hell of a deep bellybutton. Not kidding. It's like Lake Superior in there!

5. Yes, my hair is that curly. Yes, it grows that way. No, it's not that hard to take care of. No, you cannot do the boingy thing with my curls. Now go away.

6. I have two feet...of different sizes. And, I passed it on to Gilly. Poor girl.

7. The doctor who deliverd Gillian was named Dr. Faust. Not kidding. That should have sparked some concerns.

8. You only think I've got fashion sense. What I've really got is a uniform with mighty good accessories. That's right. Summer = T-shirts and khakis of varying colors. Fall, Spring, Winter = Sweaters and khakis of varying colors. Sprinkle in some jeans. Add wool socks, or take them off. Done.

9. I love non-fiction best.

10. It takes me HOURS to fall asleep. I mean it. HOURS! My brain cannot shut up. I think I might do something about it one day. Suggestions? (No guns, please)

Now, I'm passing the tag on my favorite, lovely, blogging ladies:

Ahna
Johanna
Kalurah
Galadriel
Heather
Shandy
Kelly
sew succulent

Can't wait to hear about all your weirdness!

3 comments:

kalurah said...

OH DEARY-ME!
this may take me a while. but I WILL get it done. not sure if I even know ten bloggers but I'll do my best.
happy weekend! :)

Heather said...

oh boy! I have to think about which weird things to share! There are soooooooooo many! hehe

Bethany said...

Excellent, ladies! I can't wait to read all about it!