Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Patch!

Last weekend, we thought it would be fun to take the girls to the pumpkin patch.

I found what I thought would be a fantastic location: pony rides, apples, pumpkins, petting zoo, hay ride...and FREE!

We loaded up five girls (one of whom was feeling mighty crabby) and three adults (one of whom was feeling rather sniffly) and proceeded...to get lost.

Great.

My directions neglected to inform me that there were two highways numbered 51. Old highway 51 and new highway 51. I love Mapquest. Thanks.

Luckily, we happened upon a sweet truck driver who pointed us in the right direction.

We were on our way...after a mighty long and confusing hour in the car.

We arrived at an over-peopled, over-priced, apple and pumpkin plucked disappointment.

Oh well.

The girls had fun and I got some pretty cute pictures!












There's always next year...

5 comments:

Galadriel Thompson said...

I want to come and play with you gals! I feel all lonesome over here. It's nice just to be able to vicariously live the fun though. Next time please invite me. I'll provide the spiced and spiked apple cider! Oh, and I'm working on the weird tag. It's hard. I've been told that everything thing I do is weird so where does one start?

Heather said...

What an adventure!!! Great pictures!! (Still working on my list.)

Bethany said...

Galadriel,
Of course you're invited! Come on over! We love spiked apple cider...Yummy!

Bethany said...

Thanks, Heather!

. . . said...

Some of my favorite girls doing one of my favorite things! Looks like y'all had a ball. Bethany, I really do hope I get to meet you someday when we're in MN...or when you and Ahna fly to CA for a girls weekend!! Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful fall season!